วันเสาร์ที่ 2 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2553

Siberia, Russia, Part 8 - The Slow Train

Master after the decision to move to Siberia for a year at Chita State Technical University, I started a travel odyssey unlike any other. In this article, we take the trip on the Trans-Siberian railroad.

The Horror

Since my new Russian friend walked down the corridor, I thought the information he provided me with a grimace available. The train ride from Khabarovsk to be my goal, to Chita last three days. I had four days on the road, and the idea3 days on a train ... made me unhappy.

During consideration of this development, I had the opportunity to take a look at my new neighbors to take, err ... Passengers. Moved in the true sense of the word. Pillows, towels, bags full of food. The general impression was that we were on the train after a long, long time.

How can we actually evacuated the city, I told myself to look like an adventure. Adventure? Oh, yes.

Crackers and grape juice

The diet is a strange thing. Asso, I try to eat a healthy diet of vegetables and so on. Of course, has a day job more than a few fast-food-allowed the courts. The Trans-Siberian railroad, I would have killed to fast food.

Contrary to what was a fellow passenger told me that food was on the train to the car a rest. The woman responsible for our car I had in this limited-English and an angry look on his face. Well, do not lie. The unit of food was opened. Unfortunately,only what he was selling boxes of cookies and grape juice.

I'm not a big fan of crackers, but I eat them. I like grape juice ... or that I have. For the next 48 hours Grae, a fellow traveler, and I munched cookies and drank the juice. Then we drank the juice and crackers, chewing. Then there are crushed crackers and put them in the juice. Then we went feverishly statements do not eat biscuits and juice drink. Ever.

The fun part

After 48 hours of biscuits and juice, Iwas more than willing to suffer hunger. I kept nightmares about terrible things happen in my stomach. Grae had come to seem the same view. Cinching his pants, was brought to our fellow comrades in the journey to real food.

Part of the fun of travel is the realization of how stupid you really are. If you are in a country where no one speaks your language, you want to eat a pretty massive amount of Humble Pie. Why, we were hungry.

FiveGrae minutes later he came to our compartment, with one of those looks on his face. There were crackers and grape juice, who lived for no reason. Yes, you could buy food, out at each stop the train by just walking into the station. And we stopped a lot.

Since we moved to a small town, Grae and I were hanging from the doors of the train. We met at the station and ... all they had, crackers and grape juice. 'm Kidding. I'm not sure what we have, but it was the best meal I've everhad.

Next stop ... Chita!

Read more of this title Russian Tour NomadJournalTrips.com

average auto loan